Statistical Mechanics and Nonlinear Physics
The conference will be held in the CERLA , which is situated 50 meters west of the metro station ``Cité Scientifique''. A map of the University campus can be found here.
Aims and scopeThe main scientific goal of this one-week conference is to foster interaction between physicists and mathematicians interested in the experimental, theoretical and mathematical study of problems arising at the confluence of statistical mechanics, nonlinear dynamics and chaos, and wave turbulence. In addition to the plenary lectures, the conference features three introductory courses by international experts that will be accessible to a wide audience of mathematicians and physicists, and in particular doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers, for whom partial funding is available.
- Kirone Mallick (CEA, Bures sur Yvette, France)
``Nonequilibrium statistical mechanics''
- Serguey Nazarenko (Warwick, England)
- Laure Saint-Raymond (ENS Paris, France)
``Applied mathematics for statistical mechanics''
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Bérengère Dubrulle
(CEA, Bures sur Yvette, France)
- Thierry Dauxois (ENS Lyon, France)
- Eric Falcon (Paris, France)
- Pierre Gaspard (Bruxelles, Belgique)
- Christian Maes (Leuven, Belgium)
- Nicolas Mordant (Grenoble, France)
- Frédéric Moisy (Orsay, France)
- Carlos Mejia-Monasterio
- Antonio Picozzi (Dijon, France)
- Stefania Residori (Nice, France)
For the abstracts of the talks, CLICK HERE .
For the slides of the talks, CLICK HERE.
Registrations are closed.
A list of participants is available here.
FundingLimited funding for the local expenses of students and young researchers is available. If you wish to apply for such support, please register and send a CV and a publication list by email to Stéphane Randoux and Pierre Suret.
The Conference will take place on the campus of the university of Lille 1, located in Villeneuve d'Ascq. There is a very efficient underground connection between Lille and the campus.
- How to get to Lille and the campus by public transportation
- How to get to Lille and the campus by car
- How to find the conference building on the campus
Here is a list of hotels which are located
close to the central railway station "Gare Lille Flandres":
- Comfort Hotel Alizé Opéra Lille**, 28, rue Anatole France, 59000 Lille. Phone: +33 3 20 55 25 11, mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Kanaï **, 10 rue Béthune, 59000 Lille. Phone: +33 3 20 57 14 78, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le Continental **, 11 place de la Gare, 59000 Lille. Phone: +33 3 20 06 22 24, mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Flandres-Angleterre **, 13 place de la Gare, 59000 Lille. Phone: +33 3 20 06 04 12, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Brueghel **, 5 Parvis Saint-Maurice, 59000 Lille. Phone: +33 3 20 06 06 69, mail: email@example.com
You can also find an hotel on the campus.
- Hotel Ascotel ***, Avenue Paul Langevin, Cité Scientifique - 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq. Phone: +33 3 20 67 34 34